TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Scope of This Privacy Statement
- The Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Cookies and Other Technology
- Destruction of Personal Information
- Your Rights and Choices Security
- Social Media, Public Forums and Links to Other Websites Children’s Online Privacy
- Data Transfers and Safe Harbor Framework Changes to This Privacy Statement
- How to Contact Us
SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Insignary Inc. and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries (collectively, “Insignary”) respect your privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to personal information collected by Insignary through the insignary.com website, and other websites which we operate and on which we post a direct link to this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement may not apply to open source project websites sponsored by Insignary. Such project websites may have their own privacy statements, which we encourage you to review.
Please also note that co-branded websites (websites where Insignary presents content together with one or more of our business partners) may be governed by additional or different privacy statements. Please refer to the privacy statement on those websites for more information about applicable privacy practices.
Insignary’s obligations with respect to personal information that may be held on behalf of customers in connection with cloud services Insignary provides, such as personal information stored by customers using our OpenShift Online offering, are defined in our agreements with our customers and are not governed by this Privacy Statement.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Insignary collects personal information directly from you when you interact with us through our websites, including, without limitation, when you:
- Create a user account (individual or corporate); Make online purchases or register products; Request support;
- Register for a webcast or other event;
- Request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers); Participate in surveys or evaluations;
- Participate in promotions, contests, or giveaways; Apply for employment;
- Submit questions or comments; or
- Submit content or posts on our customer portal pages or other interactive webpages.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, the types of personal information collected directly from you may include, without limitation:
- Information used to communicate with you, such as name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal address and language;
- Information that Insignary maintains in association with your account, such as your username, password, payment information, purchase records, credit and billing status and support inquiries; and
- Information contained in your job inquiries or applications, such as resume, cover letter, age, education, professional history and contact details.
We may also collect information relating to your use of our websites and response to our emails through the use of various technologies. Collecting information in this manner allows us to analyze the effectiveness of our websites and our marketing efforts, and to personalize your experience and improve our interactions with you. For more information about the technologies we employ for these purposes, see the “Cookies and Other Technologies” section below.
We may also supplement the personal information we collect from you with information we receive from third parties, including our business partners. We do this to help us improve the overall accuracy of the information and its completeness and to help us better tailor our interactions with you.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Insignary uses personal information in an effort to enhance your experience on our websites. In addition, we may use personal information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill Your Requests. If you request something from Insignary, such as a product or service, a call back, or specific marketing or other materials, we may use the personal information you provide to respond to your request. We or our representatives may also contact you as part of customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
- Provide You with Information About Our Products, Services and Events. Insignary may use your personal information to notify you about product and service offerings as well as events that we believe may be of interest to you. Insignary also may use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters or other specific requests.
- Provide Support and Customer Service. We may use your personal information to provide support for products or services you have obtained from us and answer other questions. In the course of providing technical support to you, we may sometimes have incidental access to data that you have provided to us or data that is located on your systems. This data may contain information about you, or your organization’s business, employees, customers, partners, or suppliers. This Privacy Statement does not apply to our access to or handling of this information. The conditions regarding the handling and processing of that data is covered by the applicable agreement, if any, between you and Insignary.
- Process Your Job Application. When you apply for a position at Insignary, we use the personal information you provide, such as information in your resume and cover letter, for the purpose of assessing your application, considering you for future positions and carrying out human resources functions in accordance with applicable law.
We will not use your personal information in a manner that is inconsistent with the purpose of its original collection, unless you have consented.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Insignary will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others without your consent.
Insignary shares personal information in the following ways:
- Insignary may share personal information with business partners and service providers in order to support our business operations, such as (but not limited to) fulfilling your orders, following up on requests, providing support and assisting Insignary with sales, marketing and communication initiatives. These business partners and service providers include, for example, distributors, resellers, payment processors, financial institutions, materials production and shipping companies, postal or government authorities and information technology service providers. Business partners and service providers are required by contract to keep the information received on behalf of Insignary confidential and secure and not use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was provided to them.
- Insignary may share personal information as required by law or legal process, such as responding to a duly authorized information request of a police or governmental authority, to enforce or protect the rights of Insignary, when such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent any harm or loss as permitted by applicable law, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Insignary may also share personal information in the context of a business transaction involving part or all of Insignary, such as a merger, acquisition, consolidation, or divestiture. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is Insignary’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions. Following such a business transaction, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the use of that information.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Insignary uses some cookies that are necessary for the delivery of services on our websites. Such cookies allow us to improve the safety and security of our websites, authenticate account users, allow you to access your private accounts on our websites, allow you to sign into different portions of our websites with the use of only one login, balance the traffic on our websites, and remember items in your shopping cart. Such cookies are not used for marketing purposes.
In addition, we may use remarketing technology to advertise on other websites you may visit. In doing so, a third party may place or read a unique ad-serving cookie on your device and use technical information about your browser and your activity at an Insignary website to serve advertisements to you on non-Insignary websites.
If you do not want your information to be stored by cookies, you can configure your browser so that it always rejects these cookies or asks you each time whether you want to accept them or not. However, you must understand that choosing to reject cookies may reduce the performance and functionality of our websites. Your browser documentation includes precise instructions explaining how to define the acceptance of cookies. You can generally express your privacy preferences regarding the use of most cookies and similar technologies through your web browser.
Insignary also uses web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about usage of our websites and interaction with emails from Insignary. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your device, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular website tied to the web beacon, and a description of a website tied to the web beacon. For example, Insignary may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify Insignary when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites. Insignary uses web beacons to operate and improve our websites and email communications.
DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Insignary will destroy your personal information as soon as the purpose of its original collection is completed. If applicable laws requires us to retain personal information for a specific period, Insignary may keep the information during such period and will use the information only for the purpose required by the laws.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
In accordance with the laws of certain countries, you may have certain rights and choices regarding the personal information we collect and maintain about you, and how we communicate with you.
Insignary gives you the ability to access, modify, or update some of your personal information online at any time. You may log in and make changes to your information, such as your password, your contact information, your general preferences, and your personalization settings. If necessary, you may also contact us via our website and describe the changes you want made to the information you have previously provided. However, note that changing or deleting information necessary for Insignary to assist with support, services, and purchases may result in a delay or interruption in processing your requests.
You will be given an opportunity to tell us whether you would like to receive information, special offers, and promotional materials by email from Insignary or our business partners when you create an insignary.com account, when you register for a service, when you provide us with your personal information, or when we send you a marketing email. You have the ability to opt out of receiving marketing emails from Insignary at any time without cost by clicking on the relevant link contained in our marketing emails or by contacting us via our website.
You can also exercise your rights and choices by contacting us as described below under “How to Contact Us.”
Insignary intends to protect your personal information. We have implemented appropriate physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. For example, we encrypt certain personal information such as payment information when we transmit such information over the Internet. We also require that our business partners and service providers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
SOCIAL MEDIA, PUBLIC FORUMS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Insignary may provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Insignary on various social media websites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media websites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those websites.
Our websites may make chat rooms, forums, blogs, message boards, and/or news groups available to the users. Remember that your comments and posts become publicly available, and we urge you to exercise discretion when submitting such content.
Our websites may contain links to other websites. Insignary does not control and is not responsible for the information collected by websites that can be reached through links from our websites. If you have questions about the data collection procedures of linked websites, please contact the organizations that operate those websites directly.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
Insignary’s products and services are not directed to children and Insignary does not knowingly collect online personal information from children under the age of 14. If you are a parent or guardian of a minor under the age of 14 and believe that he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us via our websites or as described below under “How to Contact Us.”
DATA TRANSFERS AND SAFE HARBOR FRAMEWORK
Insignary is a global organization, with legal entities, business processes, and technical systems that operate across borders. Insignary may transfer your personal information to other Insignary entities in the United States and elsewhere. The United States and other countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country from which you initially provided the information. By accessing Insignary websites, registering for an account or service, or otherwise providing Insignary with your personal information, you consent to this transfer of your personal information. When transferring your personal information internationally, Insignary will protect your personal information as provided in this Privacy Statement.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information to countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland. Insignary has self-certified its adherence to the Safe Harbor privacy framework as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce, the European Commission and Switzerland regarding the collection, storage, use, transfer and other processing of personal information from the EEA or Switzerland to the United States. Click here to review our Safe Harbor Privacy Statement. You can learn more about the Safe Harbor framework, and view Insignary’s certification by visiting the United States Department of Commerce Safe Harbor website.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Insignary reserves the right to make corrections, changes or amendments to this Privacy Statement at any time. The revised Privacy Statement will be posted on this website. A notice will be posted on our homepage for 30 days whenever this Privacy Statement is changed in a material way, and the date of last update will be indicated at the top of the Privacy Statement. If you do not refuse the changes in writing within that notice period, this shall mean that you have consented to the Privacy Statement as changed, including with respect to personal information provided to us prior to the changes in the Privacy Statement. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement for any changes or updates.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about Insignary’s privacy practices or use of your personal information, please feel free to contact us via our website or by mail at:
Suite 2004, 602 Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu,